Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Polish Model Ania Goledzinowska Amazing Medjugorje Conversion

Many Italians- though not many outside of Italy- already know the story of the Polish girl, Ania Goledzinowska who had a difficult childhood and who arrived in Italy as 16 years old teenager, and soon became known to audiences for her television appearances as a showgirl on RAI and Mediaset. Ania dreamed of the "star system", a comfortable life, famous friends, and fun. She was highly successful. She lived in Milan where she led a lifestyle that is tempting for many girls. Then she met a journalist Paolo Brosio who is working hard to spread the message and the reality' of Medjugorje through the medium of television. This meeting was to change her life. Ania had everything, but in reality she was never happy. Up to then she had absolutely no time for the Church or priests.

When she met Paolo, he convinced her to attend church each morning for a month with him. It was Paolo who taught her to pray in Italian. Thanks to him she made her first pilgrimage to Medjugorje, and realized that she had never been truly happy in her entire life. Ania fell in love with that little town in Bosnia-Herzegovina, so that on her return to Italy she began to feel depressed. "I had a privileged life that I no longer liked, I wanted things simple, normal, then one morning I called Paolo and I asked him to help me to return permanently to Medjugorje. I left Italy with two suitcases without telling anyone."

Now I live in a community with Marian priests and nuns. I wake up at five, I recite the rosary climbing Mount Podbrdo and then return to the holy Mass. I clean rooms and bathrooms, ironing and cooking. What I do for the sisters, until a few months ago was done for me by my maid! We also have a vegetable garden and chickens. In the afternoon there is rest and at six we have the prayers. "Certainly, here in Medjugorje I do not need the shoes of Chanel." Then, Ania adds: "My boyfriend (Paolo Beretta, grandson of Silvio Berlusconi, ed.)was initially shocked by the decision. For two weeks he did not know where I was and we met only a month after I moved to Medjugorje". He accepted her decision. She sees himself as "the first among sinners," and now works for the association CUORI PURI (Pure Hearts), which guides those who choose to live in chastity until marriage.

On June 25, 2011, the 30th anniversary of the apparitions in Medjugorje, the PURE HEART initiative arose. It was inspired by Father Renzo Gobbi, who then held the position of "Chaplain to the Italians" and had heard of a similar American movement. The first person to adhere to the guiding principles was Ania Goledzinowska , who has also assumed the responsibility to personally take care of the organization.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THIS IS AN INSPIRING STORY!
THANKS TO GOD ,TO THE GOSPA AND TO ANA.