Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Video:Jimmy McMillan of The Rent Is Too Damn High Party at the NY Governor Debate

Jimmy McMillan, also known as Papa Smurf, is the founder of the Rent Is Too Damn High Party, a New York-based political party. Since his latest appearance at the 2010 New York State gubernatorial debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. that was held on October 18, 2010 he has become a news and media celebrity. Foxnews.com reported that McMillan is a retired postal worker and he is the party's current nominee in the New York gubernatorial election, 2010. In 2005 and 2009. McMillan was the party's mayoral candidate for New York City.

In 2005, he received over 1000 votes (.03% of the total vote). In 2009, he received 2615 votes for his second campaign for Mayor.

During an appearance at a 2010 gubernatorial debate dominated by McMillan and the four other minor-party candidates , he stated his views on gay marriage, by saying "The Rent Is Too Damn High Party believes that if you want to marry a shoe, I'll marry you."

Regarding his use of black gloves during the debate, "I’m a war vet," McMillan said. "Don’t forget I was in Vietnam for two and half years and I have three Bronze Stars, but the chemicals of Agent Orange -- dioxin and a lot of other chemicals mixed up -- I would get sick. When I get home tonight, I know I’m not going to be able to breathe if I take them off. It could be psychological, I don’t know, but I just put em on and wear them anyway." Source (Wikipedia)

1 comment:

AnnoyingJoe said...

Das my boy! He was a rear huey gunner..Ya just don't lead 'em so much!