Monday, August 9, 2010

Australia: The Influence of Medjugorje On An Innocent Man Charged with conspiracy to murder

Eternity carries a story titled -Jesus found me in jail for a murder- which once more shows the influence of Our Lady of Medjugorje
Dennis Basic was in his late twenties when he was charged in 2007 with conspiracy to murder. He was granted bail in November 2008 and was acquitted of all charges in August 2009.............
“My wife was about to have our second child when I was charged. I was in prison in a different state, cut off from everyone.
“I was in the library talking to someone about their drug case—we were comparing notes! On my way out I noticed a book about Medjugorje, a place near Croatia where Mary has appeared to local believers since 1981, urging people to return to God. I remembered this from my childhood; it all came flooding back.
“It was overwhelming: my hurt and pain and anger. I couldn’t stop reading that book. I had to take a shower so I could be on my own to cry.
“I didn’t know how to get to Jesus but, through this book, Mary pointed the way. I started reading the Bible. I prayed. I thought about the cross and everything Jesus did for me. It took time to digest what had happened, with the help of the chaplain in my block. I was gripped by Jesus and the way he had taken over my life.
“I started my own prayer group of six inmates.....
Read the full story Here

No comments: