Monday, November 26, 2007

US Presidency-Mike Huckabee proclaims the sanctity of life

Below I carry a synopsis of Mike Huckabee's position on abortion. It is taken from mikehuckabee.com

It spells out in an unambiguous manner Mikes total opposition to abortion. In Mike Huckabee the Christian right has a pro-life hero who will not sacrifice the unborn to attain power. How refreshing to have such a principled politician. None of the Democratic candidates is standing on a pro life platform. The Democratic party is now the Abortion Party of the US. It supports the right to choose.This is a euphemism for the destruction of the unborn child in the womb. It also regards choice-the slaughter of the innocent child in the womb- as a fundamental constitutional right. Hillary Clinton supports the Democratic Party abortion policy in its entirety. A vote for Clinton is a vote for abortion.

Mike Huckabee and Abortion:

I support and have always supported passage of a constitutional amendment to protect the right to life. My convictions regarding the sanctity of life have always been clear and consistent, without equivocation or wavering. I believe that Roe v. Wade should be over-turned.

I applaud the Supreme Court's recent decision in Gonzales v. Cathcart forbidding the gruesome practice of partial birth abortion. While I am optimistic that we are turning the tide in favor of life, we still have many battles ahead of us to protect those who cannot protect themselves, and so it is vital that we elect a pro-life President.

I first became politically active because of abortion, when I helped pass Arkansas' Unborn Child Amendment, which requires the state to do whatever it legally can to protect life.

As Governor, I did all I could to protect life. The many pro-life laws I got through my Democrat legislature are the accomplishments that give me the most pride and personal satisfaction.

To me, life doesn't begin at conception and end at birth. Every child deserves a quality education, first-rate health care, decent housing in a safe neighborhood, and clean air and drinking water. Every child deserves the opportunity to discover and use his God-given gifts and talents.

I believe in using existing stem cell lines for research, but I do not believe in creating life for the sole purpose of destroying it.

No comments: